Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Stuttgart on a January evening


  This was shot from Panaramastrasse around 18:50. I always wondered why my photos were never producing the detail that some professional guys were putting out when I was using the same software that they were. Well I of course do not have the cameras that they have (D3x or D4) but I still felt that I could step up my photos to get closer without spending more money on a new camera. Well I just had to listen closer to the pros and I'm improving. My camera (Nikon D5100) is not a bad camera but it will only shoot 3 photos when in bracket mode. So when I was listening to one of the pros his camera can take 5 photos in bracket mode (-2, -1, 0, +1, +2). So his photos were an HDR merge of 5 pics versus the 3 that I was merging. So since my camera is on a tripod when I take photos like this I just shot additional photos at various settings in bracket mode in order to get the 5 shot variation (-2, -1, 0, +1, +2). Now this picture is not the best but I just had to go and test my theory out and based on previous photos I can see more detail over my normal 3 shot HDR.


Camera & Picture Info
Image Quality: Compressed RAW (14-bit)
Device: Nikon D5100
Lens: VR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
Focal Length: 32mm
Focus Mode: Manual
AF-Area Mode: Single
VR: OFF
Aperture: f/6.3
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 200

Merged with Photomatix Pro
Edited with CS2

No comments:

Post a Comment